Login

History Record View

Title: Marshfield Presbyterian Church
File Attachment:
Attachment Type:
Text:

Marshfield Presbyterian Church is located five miles southwest of West Lebanon. It was officially chartered on October 5, 1867 with 17 Charter members. It has been yoked (sharing a minister) with Trinity Presbyterian Church in West Lebanon for 56 years.

Rev. Isaac B. Moore was the first minister and the Rev. Dr. Paul E. Johnson is the current minister.

Records do not say where the church first met but a short time later they did meet in the Methodist Church when it was not in use.

Many improvements have been made to the Church building over the years. In 1930 a classroom and small kitchen was built onto the church. In 1961 a larger addition consisting of more classrooms and a more modern kitchen and restrooms was built, the sanctuary ceiling was lowered and walls paneled. Later a parking lot was added. Currently under Delmar Evans supervision of volunteers, a new floor has been added to the sanctuary with carpet to be installed, also new windows. Cooking meals for all volunteers was supervised by Peggy Evans with the ladies of the church helping when needed.

Fund Raising Activities thru out the year with everyone working together helps us with our finances. Currenty we're selling chances on our 6th quilt, handmade by ladies of the church and our 7th Salad Luncheon will be held September 20, 1989 at the American Legion Building in Williamsport. We had a booth at the Fun Festival in West Lebanon, and serve election meals and Auction Sales.

Everyone is welcome to our 11:00 A.M. Church Service

Date: 8/1/1989
Origin: Good Ol' Days
Author: Marian Jordan
Record ID: 00000135
Type: Book
Source Archive: Williamsport-Washington Township Public Library
Date Entered: 8/10/2001
Collection:
Entered By: Amber M Knipe

Information in this record is provided for personal research purposes only and may not be reproduced for publication. If you have questions about copyright issues contact the archive source listed above.