Login

History Record View

Title: Corner Stone Laid
File Attachment:
Attachment Type:
Text:

The corner stone to the new Warren County Court house at Williamsport was laid with appropriate ceremonies Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock. The exercises were in charge of the Masonic fraternity. Rev. Wareing was called upon and made a fine talk, taking the place of the speaker, who failed to arrive. The exercises were preceded by a procession of the secret orders, school children and citizens.

This is the third time within 36 years that Warren County citizens have seen the corner stone to their capitol building laid. In 1871 the court house was built upon the hill above the "old town" block, a beautiful location, overlooking the broad Wabash river valley. The town finally moved away from it to the "railroad" and the location became unhandy and in 1886 it was moved to the present site where, in January of this year, it was destroyed by fire. The new edifice will be a handsome structure and will be made practically fireproof.

Date: 10/17/1907
Origin: West Lebanon Gazette
Author:
Record ID: 00002600
Type: Periodical
Source Archive: Warren County Historical Society
Date Entered: 8/10/2001
Collection: Court House
Entered By: Leslie J. Rice

Information in this record is provided for personal research purposes only and may not be reproduced for publication. If you have questions about copyright issues contact the archive source listed above.